09 March 2014

Is That Singing I Hear

I've sailed too close to the shoals by buying that Browning.

Like a Warlock too close to the hills of Aldagmor; I hear the faint muttering...

Glock.

Glock the sirens sing.

I am damned.

Luckily I've committed too much to the STEN project and The Lovely Harvey has balls in the air with the Purple AR Revivification.

Yet, I can see a Glock 17 in the moderately near future.

I've owned one or three before.  The last one became a gift to Aunt Bat when she graduated college.  Dear Gods, has it really been nearly 20 years?

3 comments:

  1. Give in to the Teutonic siren song of the gunbrick. The slightly gravelly, off-key call cannot be resisted.

    Gen4s are pretty nice, other than the grip stippling that seems designed to help remove any lovehandles by abrasion if you carry it. Has most of the things people would add as aftermarket parts (extended magazine release, adjustable backstraps with the possibility of adding a beavertail, etc) out of the box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually partial to the 2nd gens because I don't like the finger separators; but I'll survive a 4th Gen if they've fixed the reliability issues they initially had. It shows that I haven't been paying close attention to Glock for a while that I don't know if they've addressed it or not.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, they fixed that up pretty quick. It was a problem with the metallurgy in the double recoil spring, the springs were losing their spring temper, if I recall correctly.

      Delete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.