28 March 2014

Music

Wandering the library on the hard drive...

I am once again struck by the variety.

This harkens back to the "jeebus, high school is OVER" post...

Back then I was notable in the school for traveling in about fifteen social circles.  I was the confluence of the Venn diagram.

And in many cases it was music.

I did punk, Brit nouveau, more than one flavor of metal, a dabble of country and most especially the blues.

There's never a more awkward moment than being in a gay bar with a false ID to catch a blues act and bumping into the music teacher from school.

PS, in 1986 Iowa, if you were white and wanted blues and didn't want a beating, you were in a gay bar (whether you knew it or not).

There's even some disco and rap on the disk.  Not for regular consumption, but there's individual songs.

I like complex guitar and piano.  I like interleaved free-time.

Oh, and if anyone out there has a picture of me in my blue mohawk...  I'd like a copy.  Mom destroyed all the pics of it she could find.

Even more fun, how many of you, my oldest friends, knew that there was a blue mohawk under that hat?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.