22 March 2014

Rack 'Em

Got the M12 rack!


Kaylee's Aimpoint has to be removed to fit it.  Olga might fit without the bipod, but doesn't need to.  Cheyenne is pictured just to fill things in a bit and Kevina isn't because her EOTech is not easy to remove (but it'd hold zero).

Not bad for $50 for the rack plus gas and lunch for JT.

Also not shown is it's final location, gotta leave some mystery for the thieves. ;)

When I started building AR's I'd have never have thought that I'd have enough to fill an entire M12 rack, let alone having so many guns I out grew a locking cabinet.

I should fire-proof the room their in!

Update:

The middle-thick back strap for the MIAD keeps the bar from lowering on the rifle properly.  The thin one works perfectly.  That means that a MOE grip won't work with this rack either.  Happily, the thin strap doesn't feel awful now like it did when I first got into AR's.

2 comments:

  1. Last time I was in the Army (2008-2009), we didn't even use those. Instead we used metal cages and just piles the weapons inside. Everything fit. no diss-assembly required.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.