25 April 2014

Just Talked To A Lawyer!

Nice to have friends from the Corvette world...

The topic was defamation, slander and libel.

Truth and opinion are positive defenses and a blog is protected speech; so there isn't a real worry.

I mentioned some people disparagingly by name.

Their names have been removed on his advice.

What I said about them was my opinion colored by what were presented to me as factual information provided by their friends and relatives and were primarily intended to be illustrative of the abuses of the welfare system by people who are able bodied and otherwise employable.

They are no longer named and it is extremely doubtful that any actionable harm came to them as a result of being so named.

1 comment:

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.