05 April 2014

Sourcing Parts

I actually kept records of where they all come from.

It's something of a mess.

I'm very inconsistent about where I buy parts.

Del-Ton supplied a bunch of kits early on.

The defunct Anvil Arms is the source of several lower parts kits.  That doesn't help anyone following me up...

Were I to start a build today I'd likely be back at Del-Ton and ordering a kit.  They irritate me with their "screw you builders, we're a (toss head) rifle company!" attitude when a rush starts and they stop selling parts, but they do seem to make have good parts.

Lowers are virtually a commodity item as the crappy makers have been culled brutally during the aforementioned panics.  Aero-Precision has a sense of humor and their limited run lowers are fun, so I'd go there first.

CMMG has been the maker of the past couple lower parts kits.  I like their trigger, but toss the 5/6 scale pistol grip and I prefer a properly sized flat-head screw to their socket head.

Stag is who made the 6.8 bolt carrier groups.  The retro guns are running vintage Colt bolt carriers.

I hope that helps the new builder.

Bravo Company and Spikes are other companies I trust for their parts.  Bravo is a bit more expensive on some items though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.