22 June 2014

Rants And Rambles

The tags / labels for posts are more than just an organizational marker for me.

It never occurred to me that y'all can't read my mind and know what I mean when I tag something.  Telepathy training is mandatory and forbidden Troubleshooter...

"rant" and "ramble" are used to indicate that no filters were used when writing the post.

Filters that include, but are not limited to, rational thought, fact checking, logic, politeness, spelling, grammar or citations.

What these posts end up being is the placekeepers for further thoughts and a more rational regurgitation later.  Stuff that I want to talk about rationally, but am too emotionally chaffed about to actually be rational about; yet cannot sit on until I can think straight.

Sitting on it makes it worse.  It makes the posts less rational not more.  It makes posts that I am so damned ashamed of that the shame of memory-holing them is much easier to bear.

3 comments:

  1. "Telepathy training is mandatory and forbidden Troubleshooter..."

    I LOL'ed. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a New and Improved Bouncy Bubble Beverage for getting that reference!

      Delete
  2. Stay alert! Trust no one! Keep your laser handy!

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.