24 June 2014

Titanic

This is an FIE Titan.  A .25 ACP design by Tanfoglio of Italy.  After 1968 little pocket guns like this could no longer be imported, so domestic companies began making frames and importing the rest of the parts.

Prices vary wildly.  You can see them go for under $100 and I've seen them for selling for more than $300!  It all depends on finish, condition and the stock materials.  This finish with the wood stocks seems to be the rarest.  I am not sure if the finish is hard chrome or electroless nickel.

Contrary to internet rumor the slide is steel; the frame is alloy.



I had a twin to this gun when I lived in Iowa.  It's the first gun I (illegally because Story county was a no-issue zone) concealed carried.  My dad had (has?) one in blue with fake pearl grips; but I think his is a real Tanfoglio.

Something that stands out to me is the hammer blocks the sights when it's dropped.  Since there's no hold-open it might be intended as a visual indication that you're empty.

It's a bog standard, simple blow-back .25.  There's a trigger block safety and that's about it.  The magazine is a conventional heel release and holds seven shots.


Disassembly is simple.  Remove the magazine, check the chamber, put it on safe, pull the slide as far to the rear as it will go while lifting the back end up and out of the slots in the frame.  Let the slide go forward with the slide out of the slots and it falls apart like shown above.

Barrel proof marks.

2 comments:

  1. Have one of these myself. Goes bang every time I fired it and completely disappears while wearing business casual apparel. A major plus to a marginal caliber.

    Bob S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was my first pistol.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.