11 August 2014

Wisdom Heeded

I was a sort of professional race car driver once.

Had the NHRA license and everything.  Not sure the class we raced in even exists anymore.

One piece of advice I heard over and over was, "unless the car's on fire, stay put until someone comes to get you," after a wreck.

Dad would add, "especially if the other car takes you out."

Which part of this advice did Mr Ward not heed?

I also recall my mom telling me to wear light colored clothing at night so people could see me; and that was for drivers who only had a giant sheet of glass on the front of the car not nets and cages and helmets with restricted head movement.

I'd rule it accidental suicide for running down into the path of an oncoming car.

The sanctioning body can begin to do their part by punishing drivers who do crap like this.  Five race time-outs would effectively end it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.