07 October 2014

Victory!

I've been having odd loadout problems with SF2 since I started making modifications.

I figured a lot of it out now!

First things first, I finally got the dunderheads who thought they were explaining things to actually explain things.

The weapons bay on the F-106A is now manually actuated.  In the real world, they are automatic, but the lack of opening was bothering me when firing the radar guided weapons.

On the forward stations, GAR-3A (aka AIM-4F); on the rear stations, GAR-4A (aka AIM-4G) and up in the center, MB-1 (aka AIR-2A).

The problem is many stations are defined by the type of weapon carried, such as an IRM for heat-seekers.  In 1966 that opens up a LOT of missiles.  I solved the bulk of it by making the AIM-4 stations on the F-102 and F-106 AIM-4 specific and changing the weapons ini so that AIM-4A-C and E-G can only be carried on a station so designated.

The AIM-4D is an odd duck and could be carried the same place as a Sidewinder on the F-4D and F-4E.

Next I did much the same trick to get the F-111B to recognize that it carried the AIM-54A.


Including the weapon bay...


The next challenge will be lifting the AWG-9 avionics out of the F-14A and incorporating them into the Seavark.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.