24 April 2015

Look It's Not A Mac

Let us welcome Crispy, the Lenovo ThinkPad to the fold.


He's a lease-return refurb generously sold on time by reader JT.

Crispy replaces the Hybrid-MacBook Pro I'd made from the best parts of a Late 2007 and Early 2008 15" machines which finally succumbed to what kills all MacBook Pros of that generation, heat unsolders the video card from the logic board.

Considering the price to repair or replace that logic board is about what I am on the hook here for, it's not that hard of a decision.

Changed from a 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo to a 2.5 GHz i5.  Same size RAM.

Changed from OSX 10.6.8 to Win 7 Pro 64.

Changed from a back-lit keyboard to a little LED in the brow.

Lots of little changes and some things change not at all.

PS:  I authorized the fresh install of the OS at about 1330 and I am only just getting done with installing updates!  Microsoft really should streamline this process because there's lots of people in my situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.