06 July 2015

Seagate Sucks

Or so I am told by every review I've read in my quest to replace a failed Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 drive.

My history with Seagate...

The failed drive was made on 09Sep08.  As was its partner.

The drive that came with the computer is a 320gb  Barracuda 7200.10; made on 22May08.

The oldest drive I still use regularly is a 250gb Barracuda 7200.9 made on 02May06!  This is the Bootcamp'd Win7 Ultimate/64 drive I use to run my flight sims.

All in all I've had good luck with Seagate.

My original Bootcamp drive that ran WinXP Pro still lives in an external enclosure as spare data storage.  It's a Western Digital Green Power made on 20Jan09.

I've a stack of old IDE drives that probably still work too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.