08 October 2015

Glowy Inna Da Dark

The tritium in the Meprolight sights on my Glock 21 is long dead.

The still kinda glow, if you let your eyes adjust to total darkness for a while.

I am in a quandary about replacing them.

Even with dead tritium, they're still fine iron sights with three dots.

I've noticed that I can't see the dots at all in my TruGlo sights when I am running the flashlight, they're silhouetted so neither the tritium or the fiber optic does much good.

Are radioactive sights still stylish?  Or have they become the skinny jeans of gun hipstering?

3 comments:

  1. There is a narrow spectrum of illumination conditions where tritium sights are invaluable. Those conditions happen to coincide with the ones where you're most likely to be busting caps in people. Some low-light classes and/or Force-on-Force can be eye-opening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have fresh tritium on my M&P carry gun. I guess the real question is it worth the $100 or so for sights on the seldom used G21?

      That's completely independent from the utility of the sights, no?

      Delete
    2. If you don't carry it or use it for HD, I wouldn't worry about it.

      Delete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.