26 August 2016

The Agony Is Over

Long Live The Agony!

I just stabbed the "buy it now" button on a Savage 110XP in .270 Winchester.

Wood stock, accutrigger®, Nikon Prostaff glass, cheap plastic Axis style magazine.

Willard talking about how .30-06 is God's Own Caliber got me to notice that the gun for sale had a serial number ending in 666.  .270 is now Satan's Own Caliber!

I now own a Fudd rifle.  I now have a complete set of guns that everyone should own...

It's a rather nebulous and silly list.  It changes moment to moment.

But basically you should have:

Something "modern," black, and military, like an AR, AK or FAL.

Something in a pump action shotgun, 20ga or bigger.

Something in a service pistol 9mm or bigger.

Something in a CCW handgun, .380 or bigger.

Something in a Fudd rifle, no intermediate rounds!  Preferably bolt-action.

Something in an obsolete military pattern rifle.  Preferably with expensive or hard to find ammo!

Something that shoots .22LR.

Something in a wheelgun.  Preferably large bore, preferably impractical.  6" .45 Colt Anaconda is where you're aiming not a J-Frame for your pocket!

4 comments:

  1. Sweet, all except a modern military and a large bore wheelgun (which I note is not on the list). Finally got the M1 Garand to round out the U.S. WWI - II collection (no BAR or Thompson as I don't want to deal with the full auto regulatory BS). Maybe a nice FAL to be added if I can find one unless the SKS counts for that category.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! We think alike, that is exactly what I would want, if I could afford it of find I have a lost uncle willing to part with one.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.