15 September 2016

AC Delco Batteries The Gift That Keeps On Giving

Way back in May of 2010 I replaced the battery in The Precious


AC Delco batteries all puke.  ALL.  If yours hasn't yet, replace it NOW.  If it has... Take note of part two of this story.

The battery acid wicked up the battery cables.

I tried to neutralize the acid with baking soda and water:


Tonight I discovered that for the past six and half years that acid has been working on my cables and tonight they called it quits.


Luckily the positive and negative battery assembly is not a complicated R&R.  Part number 20835504 is even affordable from Amazon and thanks to Prime, fast shipping.

Friday I find out if I need a battery as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.