11 September 2016

Fun With Macro

This was my Grampa's old .22.





The patina is from its storage in the closet for decades.  The dust is from hanging on my wall.

Marble No 2 front sight.
Despite being made in 1938 it still groups wonderfully at 25 yards.  Grampa didn't really pamper his guns, but internally it's well taken care of.  For a decent hunk of his life he was a hired farm hand, I think I remember tales that he was hired to pop vermin in and around grain silos.  Only vague memories and everyone who heard them first hand are dead now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.