22 October 2016

Campus Carry

Here's a sticky wicket.

Many states forbid campus carry.

Iowa is such a place in that they allow the individual campuses to decide.  "Shockingly" all of them have decided to ban carry.

Fine.

Where's the boundary where I can and cannot carry?

I am familiar with Ames and Iowa State and I can't tell you if you're legal on the North side of Lincoln Way or not.

Lincoln Way is what I'd think of as the southern border of campus.

But then there's all the ISU property all around Ames.  Are these campuses as well?

How well defined is "campus"?

Is there signage?

I, for one, want to KNOW where the edges of the gun free victim zone lie so that I don't disrupt Father Darwin's work by trying to fire into them to save anyone stupid enough to enter one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.