11 January 2017

To Dye For


Marv and I are going to attempt to dye some PMAG Gen M3 (MAG557-SND) magazines in various colors.

First there was this article for inspiration.

Rit has their own guide, which will likely not be quite right because of material being dyed and its natural coloration.

I'm going for a match to the Freedom 15 purple lower I made and a Zombie Green against a future pour.  Besides, zombie green magazines stored in my zombie ammo box get a hit and damage bonus when used on actual zombies.

It's science, I checked with FuzzyGeff and his copy of GURPS: Zombies.  Can't refute that!

Update:

Borrowing FuzzyGeff's upper for the shot, here's a "before" picture with a magazine still in its sand color.


I need to save some pennies and finish the plastic lower project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.