24 February 2017

Slant Brake

As I dip my toes into the world AK after being an FAL man for so many years...

I find there's nothing quite so polarizing as what one hangs on the M14x1 LH at the end of the barrel.

Without getting too far into the debate, something that comes up often is the efficacy of the slant-brake.

Some say it works, some say it's useless.

But I say it's two things.

First, it's iconic.  AK's were issued with them and I expect to see one on an AKM variant.

Second, it's a banned feature unlike a plain muzzle nut.  This despite being thought of as a brake not a flash-hider by most shooters.

I don't have enough 7.62x39mm trigger time to say if it works.

It could be that it really only works for full-auto fire, and is thus useless in semi.

1 comment:

  1. And then there's the further blasphemy of only having the 5.45x39 variant.

    Actually, I don't have any Kalashnikov pattern rifle, but the only one I'm wanting to get is a 5.45x39 variant. Don't want no 7.62x39.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.