25 March 2017

I Don't Go To Meetings

The doc prescribed Gabapentin for my shin pain.

Gabapentin and booze are a problem.

Some people say no real problem.

Some are saying they've had blackouts.

Some are saying they've become violently ill from drinking.

With my legal issue, I don't want to be taking something that will lead to becoming blackout drunk.  I don't drink to that level when I drink because I have before.  I don't like the [DISCONTINUITY] aspect of getting that drunk.

But I don't drink to get drunk,  I like the flavors and nuances of good beer and liquor.  I like the intermingling of flavors from cocktails.

I do enjoy a mild buzz.

In short, I am not ready to completely stop drinking.

A problem with drugs like Gabapentin is they're not take as you need.  They're a build up a level in your bloodstream and maintain it type drugs that also have severe effects if you stop taking them.  So you can't just skip a few doses to have a night out.  You'd have to wean off, have your night out, then build back up.

That takes weeks.

I am also very concerned about the warning, "Gabapentin may cause vision changes, clumsiness, unsteadiness, dizziness, drowsiness, sleepiness, or trouble with thinking. Make sure you know how you react to this medicine before you drive, use machines, or do anything else that could be dangerous if you are not alert, well-coordinated, or able to think or see well. If these side effects are especially bothersome, check with your doctor."

I am definitely not ready to stop being a shooter or a driver.

Frankly there's been just a few too many changes in my life lately to assimilate so quickly.

3 comments:

  1. I just had to stop taking NSAIDS for my joint pain/arthritis, because I determined that my kidneys can't handle it any longer. I'm sore as hell. I'm taking Turmeric and other natural suppliments, but I'm not too happy with these chemicals they play us with. My wife was recently given a combination of prescriptions,that, given enough time, would have killed her. I put an end to that once I realized What was going on. Stay as far away from that chemical shit as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't take that shit either, even for 2 blown out shoulders thank you very little. The VA tried to give it to me amd I refused the scrip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many drugs have side effects that are almost worse than the symptoms they are meant to treat. As much as is possible I've just opted out of the system. I know that isn't an option for a lot of people but I'm going to stick to it as long as I can. I don't even really like taking OTC like Ibuprofen or allergy meds so I generally don't unless I just can't stand it otherwise.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.