22 March 2017

Out In The Open

Something all over the Bay Pines VA medical center are signs that say, "The Price of Freedom Is Visible Here."

In my dealings of the past two weeks I think the medical staff takes that to heart and the administrative drones don't.

I've gotten helpful advice from several people whose name badges identified them as doctors.

My cane is too long, for example, and an ortho doctor explained how to figure out the correct length to shorten it to.

I had a surgeon track down where the lab was for me, because the one on the first floor had closed and she was positive there was another place to have blood drawn.

Because the parking lot should be a solid handicapped space, they run a shuttle golf cart around asking we we'd like a lift.  The drivers never fail to thank the veterans for our service.

The contrast with Des Moines location is stark.

1 comment:

  1. The contrast between most nice places and Iowa is stark...

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.