17 April 2017

Time Compression

I recall an odd moment from childhood when I was still learning concepts like permanence and how clocks and calendars work.

Jesus was born on December 25th.

Dead on Good Friday, not even four months later.

LOOK AT ALL THE STUFF HE GOT DONE IN FOUR MONTHS!!!

I did not have the concept of years plus just short of four months yet, but I had grasped that he couldn't have died 8 months before he was born...

If my grand parents had tried to get me to understand The Resurrection the question would have certainly have been why do we celebrate Easter days after Good Friday when he was born 8 months after he died...

That my parents were agnostic at best probably tells you that my grand parents weren't very good at pitching religion to children.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.