04 May 2017

The Impossible Shot

The limitations of my Powershot S5IS become apparent when trying to take pics through a scope.

Plus, since my name is not Oleg...

At any rate, here's my attempt to show the view through the PK-01VS.


It's hard to see here, with the camera manually focused on the front sight, with a dot that's focused at infinity, that the optic co-witnesses with the irons.

I was given the choice between washing out the dot with its brightness, or not being able to see it at all.  There was also the fun of balancing the rifle on a bipod while focusing and aiming the camera.


A nice crisp 1 MOA dot.

One place this optic fails where the Aimpoint succeeds is emitting light out the front.  This is not a unique fault to the Belarus glass, it's common with most illuminated reticles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.