12 August 2017

Eclipse Photography Prep

Took some solar filter film, generously supplied by FuzzyGeff, and made my own 58mm filter for my Canon PowerShot S5IS.

Cut the film to fit inside a normal everyday 58mm UV filter, then screw two of them together.  Interestingly, this creates a solar filter that is tougher than the standard ones since there's a pane of glass on either side of the fragile film.

 
Halogen bulb without the filter.
Halogen bulb with the filter.
I've also made a bit of film for FuzzyGeff's larger lens.  Without his filters here, I can't really tell if it will fit, but I used the dimensions he supplied, so he can't complain too loud if it's wrong, can he?


No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.