24 August 2017

Subversive

I've a friend whose living situation precludes having a firearm where he lives.

It's not a legal problem, but a social one.

He'd be asked (ordered really) to find other accommodations should he keep a gun at his home.

But we formulated a sinister plan...

What if the landlord did not know it was a gun?

Legally, the part of a gun that's a firearm is the serialized part.  For an AR, that's the lower receiver.

So he made himself a Freedom 15 lower!

Not only does he now have a "firearm" right under the nose of the oppressive family member renting him a room, but it's a dread assault weapon and a ghost gun.

The candy colors assist in it remaining undetected.

Me, I'd have gotten myself kicked out with what I would have done.  I'd have bought an 80% lower and assembled an entire gun on it, without finishing the lower.  A complete AR, less fire control group.  Despite appearance, that is NOT a firearm.  But it would attract instant notice and would trigger as strong a response as a real, complete, gun.

By the way, names are not being named for a reason.  If you can figure out whom I am talking about here, don't comment on it.  That's also the reason there's no pics.

3 comments:

  1. Is this here i Florida? I might be wrong, but the landlord may have no authority to ban guns. You may want your buddy too check with Florida Carry. Sean Caranna is in the Book of Faces and he will guide him or send him to the proper person

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's hints it's a family dispute, and it's never a good idea to involve the law in family business if you can avoid it.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.