25 September 2017

Take A Knee

I don't think I am alone in this opinion.

What I want from my entertainment, is to be entertained by it.

I don't want to be lectured. I don't want to be made to feel guilty about actions and events that weren't of my making and I had no say in.


If my entertainment fails to entertain, then it's not entertainment and I will find something else.

Wanna know something, entertainers, you need my participation far more than I need yours.

Hollywood stops making movies tomorrow? Who starves?
The NFL refuses to play? So what?

The consumers stop buying movie tickets, renting Netflicks, buying iTunes, blu-ray or DVD? Now who starves?

Sports fans stop buying tickets, souvenirs and memorabilia? How long can the average player keep up their lifestyle without the fans paying for it?

Maybe I'll take a knee and find out.

1 comment:

  1. My point exactly. If I watch the NFL, it's to watch incredibly gifted athletes do things that normal humans can't. It's diversion. I don't want to think about politics or the coming economic collapse or anything for a couple of hours.

    I find it incredibly hard to imagine how guys making 20 or 30 times what a typical entry level job makes, and who have been pampered all their lives because they can run faster or throw better, can claim to be victims. And that's the NFL "minimum wage contract".

    Your post tag is exactly right. They're dancing monkeys. All I want them to do is dance.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.