16 October 2017

Because It's Fun

Gun stuff, particularly political gun stuff, can get kinda grim.

CCW and home defense has a deadly serious reason for being.

So much so that we sometimes forget to sit back and enjoy shooting for fun's sake.

We forget to do gun stuff that's simply enjoyable just to enjoy it.

Shooting bowling pins is **FUN** while it might have some practical value, I'm not in it for a purpose past having some fun.

Winning the match was certainly enjoyable, but I've had as much fun coming in dead last.

I love the digging for information about dimly remembered old guns.

I love the hunt for parts for them.

It's a hobby and like any hobby I'm enjoying it!

What grinds me down is the insistence that every gun have a purpose.  That if a particular gun doesn't have a purpose then you're wrong and should feel bad.

That its purpose could be to delight me by simply being owned is not valid to these folks.

I'm not going to stop liking things they don't like.  It's not going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.