18 December 2017

Actually No

No, Mr Pratt,

You did not and do not detail how Fix-NICS will lead to more false denials.

You say it, but you don't show how this will occur.

You're belaboring the idea that unpaid parking tickets will make someone ineligible after Fix-NICS passes...

Only if you leave the state where the ticket was issued.

Yes, it's a minor offense, not even criminal if you remain in state or pay the fine.  But crossing state lines to avoid prosecution is something that makes you a fugitive from justice.

Look it up!  I did.

Of course, far be it from me to suggest that if you don't want to become a fugitive from justice that you pay your parking tickets.  Just sayin'.

Nothing in Fix-NICS creates new categories of prohibited people.  What it does do, read the text, is require that states report prohibited people... again...  What's actually new is the financial incentives to the states to do so.

This is the mox nixest mox nix I've ever read.

1 comment:

  1. I'm giving up on GOA, just like I gave up on NAGR.

    I got a life membership in the NRA back in '11 or '12 when there was a big sale on them and the NRA comes across as useless, too. Especially here in Florida, where every year it seems some NRA A-rated politico kills any gun rights bills in the state legislature.

    Who's left? The 2AF?

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.