08 March 2018

A Fine Rant

Miami_JBT is on arfcom and he takes time off to confront the people in Tallahassee.

As many here know, I've been fighting an uphill battle for the past few years here in Florida for better gun rights. Florida should be a walk in the park. We have a GOP Super Majority and we have more CCW permit holders than any other State in the Union.

But it has been defeat after defeat. Nothing that truly expands freedom passes and more so as we just saw. The GOP has no issue at all caving in and pushing gun control. So many ask why? Why do we lose?

I can answer that very easily. Because we don't fight. When I was "WE". I mean us, gun owners as a whole. All I see is people bitching. They complain that the NRA isn't doing something, or GOA is too weak, or the GOP should be stronger on this issue or that. Etc, etc, etc... Furthermore, all I see are people coming up with excuses.

I can't take time off because of work or it is too far of a drive or some other hogwash.

But strangely I can see every damn gun owners order ten lowers and one hundred mags from PSA. I can see them horde all the .22 ammo at Wal-Mart and I can see them panic buy at a gun show. Just recently, 7,000 Florida gun owners went to the Tampa Gun Show right after the Parkland shooting. In two days, 7,000 people went and spent money on ammo, guns, mags, and accessories.

Sure, you might think I'm going to say that they can spend that money in more donations to the NRA, SAF, GOA, or some other group. Yeah, they can do that. But that is also part of the problem.

People think that if they send a check to someone else that shit will get done and they can coast on easy street with the belief that the person they're paying will do the hardest damn job in the world for them. Well, they won't. Why? Because every damn person I know goofs off at work and tries to do enough just to get by while collecting a pay check. The same works for lobbyists. IT IS A JOB, IT IS NOT THEIR PASSION.

I am truly burning out fighting this shit. I am trying to be a role model and I truly understand that some give it their all based on their circumstances. But I am talking about us as a whole.

Yes, the left is better organized and funded. Who gives a flying fuck. We can be the same too if we actually got off our asses. I see the left fucking do it. They deal with 8 hour bus rides from Miami to Tallahassee. That means they leave at 2am to get here by 10am to be in front of the cameras when the Session starts. We don't have that dedication.

I respect the commie fucks for that. They understand that shit is hard work and sacrifice. But our side is "fuck that man.... it is too hard and why even try".

7,000 fucking gun owners went to the Tampa Gun Show. But they couldn't drive the three and a half hours to Tallahassee to attend a Pro 2nd Amendment Rally?

That is why we lose. The majority of gun owners are like this....



You want shit done? You gotta do it yourself.

If we don't all start doing what needs to be done that it won't get done. Stop expecting others to do it for you.

DO IT YOURSELF!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.