01 March 2018

Buyer Beware!

Remember when I asked a simple question about a Tantal on Gunbroker?

That was this gun.  I bid $500 on it, didn't meet reserve.  This link is to the relist and it says SOLD.

Today I notice the same seller has a Tantal for sale.

Links to gunbroker expire, so they could be dead if you're doing an archive crawl a year from now.

Here's the pic from his current ad:


Here's the pic he emailed me on the gun I bid on and lost that's shown as sold in the first auction link.


Gee, I dunno...  Kinda odd.

Before you bid, I'd contact him and ask about this.  Could be the 'NR' rated winner of the previous auction backed out.  But since it hasn't even been a week, that's damn fast to decide the bidder ain't going to pay and to relist the gun.

If I had to relist a gun because the winning bidder backed out or didn't pay I'm leaving negative feedback!

Update:

Mystery solved!  The winning bidder didn't want to pay using any of the methods offered by the seller.  Seller has left negative feedback and explained the situation for relisting.

Oddly, PayPal was mentioned, which is a no-go for gun sales.  If PayPal catches you they lock your account.  Jerks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.