24 May 2018

Who's Feeling Generous?

Just got back from the VA.

The chest pains are almost certainly from heartburn, and I might have a slight, partial tear in my esophagus.

Definitely have anxiety and I'm getting some pills for it.

Waiting for this bill...  Not sure what the VA charges when it's not service connected.

Then!

The AC on The Precious crapped out.

Diagnosed it as the control panel, thanks overcomputerized cars!

I can't just gut it out with the windows down because Mr Flight Risk, The Boy, might just climb out.  It's Florida, running with the windows up without AC is courting heat stroke.

Replacement controller is about $300.

GRUMBLE.

Doc says my panic and anxiety are caused by generic stress and I don't need more.

It's enough to drive you to drink.

5 comments:

  1. Open the controller and look HARD for bad solder joints. I fix a lot of automotive electronics that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bad solder was a common problem with the 5th Gen's controller, less so for the 6th. But I suspect that's what's wrong since it came back to life when the car had been parked in the shade of the garage for a few hours.

      My plan is to get a new one and repair this one so I have a spare. My intent is to keep this car until I die and that's probably going to be a good long time apparently.

      Delete
    2. Well good!! And if you fix and keep the old one, the new one will never go bad.

      Delete
    3. Oft times buying the replacement part seems to cause intermittent problems to cure forever too.

      Delete
  2. If you are over a certain percentage through the VA you can sign up and get your care at no cost, even if it is not service connected. I cannot remember off the top of my head what that percentage is, however. You should be able to Google it though.

    Regards,

    J.D. Brown

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.