12 June 2018

Prisoner In My Own Home

The Boy is trying to control everything about his environment.

He's got a pretty effective veto method.

He throws a fit like a three year old and he's effectively getting out of anything he doesn't want to do.

For a long time we've been laboring under the theory that he wasn't able to control it.

Thanks to many, MANY stays under Baker Act evaluations at the hospital, we now know that he's in complete control of his fits.

Just like anyone else.

So I can now, guilt free, apply methodology that works on every single spoiled brat teenager since time immemorial.

Child, do what I say or you don't get anything fun to do.

He wants his electronics, he can start giving me good days at school and home.

All we have to give him is food and shelter.  There's no reason at all for food and shelter to be entertaining.

Simply put, we're creating a situation where it's more fun to go to school than to sit at home.

2 comments:

  1. Hopefully it works well ,and he's a fast learner.

    I can't even imagine what it must be like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Angus;

    That is how I get my 15 year old's attention...take his cell phone and electronics...

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.