While calculating the stats for the rounds for the M67 90mm reckless ryetuful, I found an oddity.
The M591 HE round is an 81mm mortar round (looks like an M374 round) with a sabot to shim it up to 90mm stuffed into a 90x427mmR case for use in the recoilless rifle. They even left the fins on!
That is relentlessly pragmatic.
The reference I have says it's XM591, so I am not even sure it went into service.
Update: Willard remembers there being HEAT rounds (M371A1) in the ammo bunkers when he was in 2-75 Rangers and heard from troops back from 'Nam using the multi-flechette APERS rounds (M590) but nary a mention of an HE round.
No comments:
Post a Comment
You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.
Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.
If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.
If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.