18 September 2026

Back On The Horse

Harvey took Cheyenne, the Platoon carbine, to the range to prove that she could!


We paid extra attention to getting the stock in her shoulder pocket and making sure she had it pulled hard into her.

25 yards with irons.

She says it still hurts, but not a horrid stabbing pain; more like someone yelling, "slug-bug!" then wailing one on you.

So I had her try Dottie!

That went a lot better!

25 yards with Vortex Spitfire AR

Dottie is heavier (8.8 lb.) than Cheyenne (6.8 lb.) and has an A1 stock vs a metal carbine stock.  More mass over more surface area means less "impact" on the shoulder.

I did some shooting with Dottie too, but at 100 yards.

I, uh, well...

I'm out of practice.  Still this is a much smaller group than my last outing.  4" at widest if you ignore that flier over his left shoulder.

I knew I was getting that flier when I pulled the trigger too.

Still, Mr Bones is having a bad day.  So is zombie Todd, come to think on it.

We've decided that Magpul makes a much better stock than Colt did in 1969 and that while she loves the Retro gun she's made, she's fine admiring how it looks rather than shooting it.

I don't take my Retro guns out much either, come to think on it.

2 comments:

  1. Limbsaver has some recoil pads that fit Magpul stocks. Might help take some more of the discomfort out of shooting that rifle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's got no problems with her Magpul stock. She has problems with her genuine Colt metal carbine stock.

      Delete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.