29 September 2026

It Never Ends

I had a T-72B1V in my T2K conversion.

Why would the Venezuelan version of the T-72B1 be in Poland?

Worse, I had it wrong.

I meant the T-72BA which is a T-72B with Kontakt-5 ERA.

I had been calling the T-72B the T-72B1, but mentioned the missile system.  The B1 variant is the one without the missile system!

Confusingly, the V suffix, for vzryvnoi, is often used when explosive reactive armor is applied, such as the T-72AV and T-72M1V with Kontakt-1 ERA. 

I might even have been using the wrong references and what I meant was T-72M1 and T-72M1V not T-72B1 and T-72B1V.

Happily, it just doesn't seem to come up all that often.  The differences between T-72 variations doesn't matter almost all of the times they appear in the game because the players generally lack the means to attack them effectively.

It's clear I need to make me a whole document of these things to go with my Leopard I and Patton files. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.