Our lawn mower died. Rather, it will not start.
It doesn't seem to have compression.
It's about... um... 11 years old.
I think that's a good run.
I've been wrenching on it for the past five to avoid replacing it.
We replaced it with a Ryobi 40v 20" mower. Battery powered.
I kinda feel dirty, but it was still $100 cheaper than the equivalent gas model.
Something I can do with the battery powered model that I can't with a gas one is store it folded up and standing on its end. No gas to leak out while vertical.
I was surprise at how normal it sounds. Most of what I think of as lawnmower noise is apparently the blade spinning.
I'm assuming you're alive to the possibility of using the mower battery to power mobile devices through a USB adaptor? Most of the major manufacturers make such, I think.
ReplyDeleteRyobi makes a unit that will give AC output and run the fridge for 12 hours. Now that we're in their 40v foodchain, we might get a few more batteries and a couple of those and save the generator to charge batts.
DeleteI did NOT know that. Thanks for the info.
DeleteI have a Makita 18v USB adapter that does well charging phones but is bulky. If they weren't so expensive I'd consider the Makita 36V mower that uses two 18v batteries like my circular saw. I'm in no hurry since my mower is working well.
ReplyDeleteI’ve been borrowing my Dad’s 40v Ryobi for the last few months. My next mower will be one of those.
ReplyDelete