15 September 2026

Fifteen Volts

When I replaced the battery on The Beast, I turned on "engineering mode" which has a readout for the battery voltage and charge percentage.

For three short trips the, brand new, AGM battery showed 69.8% charge and 15.0 to 15.2 volts.

That's a little alarming, but the G8 forums say it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Today, on the way to the VA, the voltage was a far more sane 14.0 to 14.5 volts and the charge percentage crept up from 70.4% to 92.4% by the time I got home.

On the trip to one of the local breweries, voltage was down to a comfortable 13.6 to 13.9 and was reading 96.4% when I pulled into the garage.

I am thinking I'm good.

What's interesting is the best that percentage ever showed with the old batt was 74% and that's damn close to the difference between the 660 cca Group 48 and the 880 cca Group 94R.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.