13 September 2026

Favorable Mention In Parliment

I have long maintained that I'm not a very enthusiastic Republican.

The problem I have is that I am emphatically not a Democrat on so many issues.

Put another way, I have more in common with R than D.

That leads to holding my nose and voting the lesser evil and knowing that I am still getting evil at a slower pace.

The Republicans take this as a shining endorsement of the things I most disagree with them about, and I complain about that.

Democrats take it the same way.

They think my opposition to their candidate as wholehearted support of the Republican I helped elect.   Like their candidate had nothing to do with it...

So I end up giving the Devil a favorable mention because Hitler invaded Hell.

This was especially so when W was president.

My liberal friends kept missing that Slick Willie only pissed me off on about three things.  His swing to the center didn't offend me at all.

I do notice that if there's an (R) behind a candidate's name then things they do that someone with a (D) behind their name did, it's unconscionable.

All the example you need for this is all the anti-immigration statements that Democrats issued for decades. 

4 comments:

  1. I'm much the same way. Although I sympathize far more with the Libertarian Party than I do with the GOP, I participate in the GOP mainly because I can't stomach the Democrats. I do more than I think you do---I not only vote, but go to caucuses when they're being held, and have been a delegate to our county convention several times. Last couple of times, I was on the platform committee, and I tried to push for sanity on a few points I disagreed with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I vote in the primaries and the elections. And rant on the official's facebook pages.

      Delete
  2. As for Clinton...if he'd thrown Janet Reno under the bus after Waco, told Hillary to STFD and STFU, quit with the gun control nonsense, and thrown his influence behind decriminalizing marijuana, I'd have very little problem with him. I personally didn't give a damn about his bimbo eruptions. I used to comment that if it'd keep his sticky fingers off my finances, my firearms and my freedoms, I'd be willing to send him a case of bimbos. Having, of course, first road-tested every one of them, to make sure they were up to demanding Presidential standards. "That's why they call me 'Self-Sacrificing Technomad!'"

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.