I found the section in the Take Care of America's Veterans act that has all the big names in a tizzy against it.
It's deunionizing the staff at VA hospitals.
It was never complaining about future veteran's care, it was all about lining the union pockets.
AFL-CIO and SEIU are against this bill.
My kneejerk is to be for it now.
I've never been a big fan of unionizing government workers. The deal used to be that if you worked for the government, you weren't going to get rich, but you weren't going to get fired unless you REALLY screwed up, but you couldn't join a union. That well-known labor-baiter, Samuel Gompers, agreed with me on this. JFK allowed government workers to unionize (he'd have sold his children to the circus for enough votes) and since then we've had this nonsense.
ReplyDeleteI've never been a member of a union. But I know some members. And while I'm certain that they do provide a net positive for the union members I'm also FIRMLY convinced that they are a drain on society. They are 'collective bargaining organizations' and as such, they engage in collectivism, which is one of the incestuous parents of Marxism. The other is envy, which is one of the 'deadly sins' that kill the soul. As a disabled veteran, I'd rather the VA not be unionized. My health care should not be a political pawn. And that's what unions do! They engage in political activism disguised as a member benefit. Screw the unions, they've never donated, endorsed or supported a candidate that puts America's interests first. Screw them sideways, with a rusty chainsaw. And screw the establishment republicans that put America last... I'm glad Cornyn lost! [end rant]
ReplyDeleteRegarding the 155mm artillery: If it ain't broke don't fix it! Improvements are allowed. Grudgingly. ;-D
The VA is only good as the people working there. In Atlanta every VA worker is union and black. As a white looking American I got zero disability even though my military medical records showed back and knee problems. I have a condo in St Augustine. The VA there noted my chronic sinusitis as related to burn pits I experienced in Afghanistan. I have 100% disability with the PTSD, sinus, back, hip and knee issues. My VSO in Florida? He is a second generation Italian and retired Army chopper pilot. In GA I get nothing but I can go to Florida and get 100%. Something is not right here,
ReplyDeleteBTW: Did you hear Trump is trying to invalidate the Georgia congressional elections as bogus with invalid votes. This is getting real. You might figure out GA is a F'ing corrupt state in the metro area as it is deep in the swamp.