14 August 2007

Here's An Example...

Of why I don't like Hillary Clinton.

She's talking about having the gubmint bail out people who "have been taken advantage of by unscrupulous mortgage brokers."

You know, people who despite not understanding the loan document and terms signed it anyway.

It sure doesn't take much research to learn that you want a fixed rate, fixed term, traditional mortgage. Just a little more digging tells you that if you can't get that, sign a lease not a mortgage, or pick a more modest dwelling as your starter home.

_I_ did such research. I stunned my mother by doing that.

Since I was able to find this information with ease at a library, I refuse to be victimized by the government AGAIN because a class of people couldn't bother to educate themselves about how loans work.

Anyone who doesn't learn how the things they do work deserves to be victimized by the people who do understand.

Mortgages are not rocket science, amortization tables are reasonably advanced algebra not calculus. Oh, the library had a book with those tables in it too.

Once again, this is not my fault. Once again, we are blaming the wrong person for the problem. Once again, we expect an uninvolved third party to solve the problem. And once again, we expect an even less involved fourth party to pay for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.