07 November 2005

This Has Been Percolating For A While...


"...but not with my money!
The BSA isn't JUST a private organization. It is a private organization that takes lots and lots of money and benefits from public coffers, frequently in the form of land use they don't have to pay for, use of public school property for meetings, and tax benefits. The KKK does not get this, nor do the Pink Pistols, whom you mention. They operate entirely on their own, private funds, if they need money at all.
If the BSA wants to form restrictions, they must cease to take ANY and ALL public funds whatsoever, in any form. They must dig into their own pouches and pay for what they use themselves, not get handouts paid for with tax money that may very well come from people they will not allow to join. This is only fair and reasonable, if they really want to be private. If they want to keep accepting money, services, and taxpayer-provided benefits, they must allow taxpayers -- who may be gay -- to have some say in how the money is spent. That, too, is only fair and reasonable, if they continue to keep their hands in the public's pockets."

And posted anonymously too.

Churches get many of the same benefits, and can exclude members.

NAACP is a black (pun!) hole where public funding disappears into returning nothing.

Two examples of places where I don't get a say in how the money is spent.

The KKK is a private organization, funded without government assistance. Hmmmmmm.

OK, I can accept the no public funding arguement. But we must cut that funding to all, or provide it to any.

I felt the same way about the Citadel. Don't want that girl there, forego the funds. But Florida A&M had better be forced to let Whitey attend in numbers that match the population at large.

My real point is that everyone gets their panties in a bunch when it comes time to bash the WASP outlook, but forgets to apply it the other direction. I have heard the NAACP described as Klan with a tan. Not too far off the mark.

One should also try to recall it was the WASP work ethic that made this nation. Notice that we are not doing so hot after the destruction of that base. It takes real effort to live up to the standards the WASPs set.

When a white guy beats the shit out of a black guy, they hue and cry is racism and hate crimes. But when a white guy gets beat up by a black guy, the black guy was the victim?

To quote a movie, "When I grab a woman's ass and she hits me, she's asserting her rights; but when a faggot grabs mine and I hit him, I'm a homophobe?" Which is it? Either the girl and I are asserting our rights (I think so), or I am a homophobe and she is an androphobe. Pick one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.