04 December 2007

New Kids In The Hall

I got me a new carry gun. The M-1911A1 doesn't sit comfortably when driving the Vette. The Colt Junior is comfortable, but can't really be counted on to stop an anemic mouse let alone a goblin. Something in .380 ACP or 9mm seemed in order.

Marv is happy with his FEG PA-63 in 9x18mm Makarov. It doesn't quite fit my hand.

I handled a couple of guns in .380 ACP. Walther/S&W PPK/S, Bersa Thunder 380 and SIG-Sauer P232. The SIG fit my hand best. I was concerned with the quality of the other two.

A friend of mine, LibtardLenny, is convinced that the S&W made PPK/S are not as well made as the genuine German Walthers. The internet is convinced of quite the opposite.

Garry has a friend he shoots with quite frequently who had a Bersa flat fail to operate. His Bersa was broken as well, but I didn't know it was merely a worn recoil spring from a couple of thousand rounds use.

The Bersa would have been the cheapest option in .380 at $265. The SIG and Walther were about the same price, SIG being $520, the Walther being $550. The PA-63 would have come to about $250 after I did the mods that Marv had done to make it a decent shooter.

There's nothing really wrong with 9x18mm Makarov, except a definite lack of variety for loads. And I don't think I have ever seen a box outside a gun show. That's a bad sign.

So, I bought the SIG P232 in blue.

The Lovely Harvey is seeking her conceal carry permit. I suggested she give the P232 a feel to see if it fits her hand, she said that it does.

Garry doesn't like his SIG P232, and is willing to sell it for $450. I think I shall get it for her.

Kinda neat, we'll have matching guns!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.