23 August 2010

About That Multi-Name Mosque

Rauf had better be careful about the tack he is taking to put his mosque in a provocative place. That exact same reasoning can be used to justify all manner of businesses that are offensive to Moslems.

Geff mentioned several in his post. http://fuzzy-geff.livejournal.com/3348.html

After getting the thing shoved up our ass under the "first amendment right" justification, you'd better bet that we're going to see all manner of things next door to and across the street from it. Rauf and his buddies had better suck it up and ignore it too. If they resort to the violence that Islam is famous for in retaliation the people opposed to the mosque can say, "Told you so," and rip it down.

Good news though, the heavily unionized construction industry in NYC is basically refusing to work the job. I would hate to attempt to build anything there without the union's cooperation since they are heavily entwined with the building inspectors and code enforcement. "I see the code calls for a type 252-R Pitney Flange here and I don't see one on your plans or on site; let alone the accompanying safety wire on the bolts and there's clearly inadequate grounding for it built into the electrical system. I'm afraid all work must stop until the plans are amended and approved and the site passes a second inspection for compliance. I wouldn't try to get a variance on this on, Judge Steinberg is a stickler for the code as written."

This brings me to another thought about this. I am sick and fucking tired of being told how I have to so gorram tolerant of visitors in my own gorram country while they can shit on the fucking carpet. Want some respect from me? Show some.

Comments

23rd-Aug-2010 03:56 pm (local) mcthag

I am reminded of a scene from the movie "Big Trouble".

Henry Desalvo: I got a great New York Strip over there that cost me $27 in change and it tastes like I'm eating a cigar butt. Now please put out your cigars.

Bruce: There's no rule against smoking here.

Henry Desalvo: This isn't about rules, it's about manners. Now there's no rule that says that I cant come over here and fart on your entree. But I don't do it. Why? Because it's not good manners. Now I'm asking you please - put out your cigars.

Bruce: [blows smoke in Henry's face] No.

[Henry breaks his middle and index fingers]

Bruce: I hope you realize you've just committed assault.

Henry Desalvo: I know. There was a time when you actually had to hit somebody.


23rd-Aug-2010 04:05 pm (local) ravenclaw_eric
So what's your take on Muslims who are native-born citizens, born to citizen parents?

23rd-Aug-2010 07:23 pm (local) mcthag
Like everyone, how do they act? I will caveat that attempting to replace the constitution with sharia is something I consider treason.

Of course I consider replacing the constitution with what we have now as treason too, but nobody listens to me.


23rd-Aug-2010 09:33 pm (local) ravenclaw_eric

I like to say that while the Constitution is by no means perfect, it beats the hell out of what we have now---government by unelected, unaccountable bureaucrats writing reams of regulations that, while not often read, are still given the force of law.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.