17 February 2006

Traveller

I have decided that the official GURPS version of Traveller is not cutting it. Too many changes made to make Marc W Miller happy (like going along with the post Zhodani war chronology).

Far Future Enterprises has republished all of the original small books in anthology form. I have Suppliments and Books is coming. I wouldn't need Books, except my original three are long destroyed by my apartment in Ames flooding and High Guard is falling apart. And I think that Mercenary is actually Geff's. Better check that Geff.

I have converted Traveller to GURPS before. We had a lot of fun every time. This time I intend to make a version that is faithfull to the original small book canon with the GURPS 4e rules. I am agonizing over some of it because Space for 4e is not due until April. Somehow I don't think that it will add much that isn't in the Basic Set or change much from the 3e editions.

Well some small changes, I am going to reconcile the Book 2 designs with Book 5. This is going to impact some ships like the Type S massively.

And I may choose to ignore GURPS Traveller Interstellar Wars altogether. I am curious about it, but not sure that I am $35 curious yet.

Suggestions and submissions are solicited and will be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.