15 February 2006

Insomnia Returns

So I have been entertaining myself with IL-2+Forgetten Battles+Aces Expansion Pack+Pacific Fighters which has just been patched to 4.03m.

The big change from before is a bunch of flyable Italian planes (M.C. 200 III, M.C.202 III, M.C.202 VII, M.C.202 XII, M.C.205 I and M.C.205 III). Those are in addition to the Fiat CR.42 (a biplane) and Fiat G.50. So I have been doing a lot of whomping on the wops! And I have been playing the guineas too, not a big strech since I am half greaser myself.

I have noticed that I have become a damn good pilot, most of my kills are at less than 100m now.

I discovered while looking up the real life stats of some of the new planes that the top scoring Italian ace got his kills over the Russian front. I honestly didn't know they were on that front!

For the Brits, the Tempest Mk.V and Mosquito FB Mk.VI got added with another version of the Spitfire.

Japan gets a J2M3 flyable now, before it was just AI.

Germany adds the Do.335-A0 and makes the Ju.88 flyable. New subvariants of existing planes are added Bf.109K4-C2 and Fw.190A5 with the big supercharger.

There are several tweaks to the flight model which seem to make things work the way I have read them working. And the AI seems to have been given smarter tactics, the wingmen have not.

Three random screen shots!



This is the Dornier Do-335A0, designed as a fighter-bomber redesigned into an interceptor. It still has a bomb bay! The pilots called it the Anteater.



I'm in the Soviet La-7 here. It took a couple of seconds to realize that I had not just had a mid-air.



Just Showing off!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.