26 March 2006

What I Did On Spring Break


Much fun was had by most. We got there about 1:30 and basically hung around and chit chatted. I didn't win the raffle prizes that I really wanted, but did win a set of vinyl decals. Not sure what I am going to do with them.

Special thanks to The Lovely Harvey for tolerating this car habit.

I might have burned a wheel bearing on the trip. It's squeaking really bad, but not getting hot or pulling. Have to see if I can get away with just repacking it. And even if it's toast, bearings are only $30 a side. I tried a new brand of synthetic grease the last time I did this and it might not have been up to the task.

Even with a possible bad bearing, I got off light compared to some others who came up from Tampa. Roger blew "something" in his valve train on the Beast. That car is essentially a race car and really shouldn't be driven on long trips. Phil broke his tranny, we think it was his fault. He had to decelerate suddenly and manually downshifted it to drive. He might have pulled too far and got second. That would be consistent with the way it is acting. Marv didn't break at all!

And this is an example of how to spend a lot of money on ruining a '95 Impala.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.