20 March 2006

Car Mod Madness

I have replaced the ratty headliner with a refurbished one from a 94 Impala. I had it recovered in charcoal gray.

Part of the installation is a set of lights just above the rear doors to allow the back seat passengers to read.

The headliner in a 91-96 Caprice/Impala SS/Biscayne is a dense open-cell foam covered in fiber-cloth on one side and an attractive fabric on the other. It's about 4' wide and 5' long. Imagine getting that into the 3x4 door. It's not pretty.

Actually, it IS pretty. I still have to cut the hole for the overhead console and get that back in, so no pics yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.