30 January 2009

There Goes Another One

The Lovely Harvey pointed out that with most of my friends I would have called and asked, "What the fuck?" when I discovered a comment was deleted.

Perhaps I should have. This time, though, I didn't care to. Michele Evermore and I have been growing apart faster and faster as her career as an apparatchik of the Democrat Party has advanced. What created the "not care" moment is her gushing about how The Mighty O is "Brilliant in every way!"

It may be an irrational response on my part, but I am so goddamned sick of hearing about how great and wonderful he is after listening to the same people rant about how stupid, evil and incompetent Bush (43) was that I don't want to hear it from my friends.

Her response was to remove me from her friends list. The only real effect of losing friend status on LJ is you cannot read the "friends only" posts. I have removed her from mine, so she cannot read this. The removal was more to take her off the friends page where I would have to see her posts. I really don't want to read them now.

I think that I let go so easily because it was time to let this relationship go. When I post about how much I despise the Federal Government and its meddling in my affairs, I am serious. She works for that government and is on the side of the aisle that works hardest at increasing that meddling. It was very difficult to remain civil when her boss, Senator Tom Harkin (D-IA), would vote for something that would be intruding on what I consider my freedoms and rights. I am not sure she still works for Sen. Harkin or not. If she's working directly for President Obama, the conversation would be a great deal more tense. Not good for me, I will not speak for her.

My initial thought about being deleted was that this was the exact treatment she'd complained about receiving from Mike Begely and his "free speech" zone at Hell.org. If you weren't a Mike crony, and female, your comments were lost to the winds quite frequently. Perhaps it's merely been too long for her to remember that feeling. Honestly, though, that isn't the real reason I am just accepting that we're through. I've grown too conservative to think that I can say what I really think without offending her. Even an attempt at humor ticked her off enough to delete my comment.

I knew this day would come. I think paraphrasing a quote sums up the problem; "I think a con-man is better than a believer. The con-man will at least stop from time to time to count the take." I guess I will let my readers (both of you) decide if I am talking about her or me as the believer; perhaps both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.