26 January 2009

Rights And Responsibilities

I was reading at Roberta X's ( http://twowheeledmadwoman.blogspot.com/2009/01/explain-me-this.html ) site about her thoughts on the draft. A comment from Labrat got my thinker a thinking.

They're right, why are women exempted from the draft? There's just scads of jobs they are capable of and legally allowed to do. I don't even have to work too hard to prove it, they perform those jobs right now.

Labrat brought up the "No rights, no responsibilities" thing. I agree, and I also apply the corollary, "No responsibilities, no rights."

The comments also mention that modern feminism is a cage.

I've touched on this before, all reproductive rights are solely owned by one sex, women. No rights, no responsibilities, no need for a man to pay child support. If he gets rights, then he's got responsibilities. He can, at present, be forced to become a financier of a child he did not want.

Have you ever noticed that the people who are also the most steadfast about abortion remaining legal often tend to also be the ones who are loudest about "deadbeat dads"?

Making a baby is not a one-person job. It's takes two to tango, as it were. I've long proposed that to carry a child to term requires the consent of BOTH genetic contributors. Dad says, "no," then either Mom gets and abortion, or she acknowledges that she's on her own. Mom says, "no," then she's free to have an abortion (if she has the kid anyway she can hand it off do the willing father and walk away free too). Both agree to have the child, what's the problem again? Both agree to not have a child, again, what's the debate here?

Once there's an agreement to have the child, then Dad is responsible for his decision! So's Mom. I feel a lot better about forcing Dad to pay for something he agreed to have happen.

That takes care of the primary actors in our problem.

Let's talk about third parties.

I don't get any rights about how you raise your kids, why the heck do I have to pay for them? It's not my problem that you cannot afford to feed your children, I am not the one who decided to have them. If you want me to be responsible for your kids, I get some say in how you raise them, clothe them, educate them. I get the right to not support THEIR kids when they turn out just like you. I am willing to bet that if I get some say in how the kids that welfare supports are raised then we will see a whole lot fewer people on welfare. What's that? That interferes with YOUR right to raise YOUR children YOUR way? Fine with me, stop taking MY money and I will stop telling YOU how to raise YOUR kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.