19 August 2014

Uncivilized

I am once again struck that rioting and looting is not how civilized people behave.

Is there a way to say, "these people aren't part of our culture," without it sounding racist?

I guess, just like slander and libel, truth cleanses the crime.

If they really aren't part of our culture, then it isn't racist to notice.

The next question is do we want them to be?

I do.  I think things are better if everyone living in a nation is part of the same culture, at least the same base culture.

I think we're cultivating enclaves where a different base culture is the norm.  Some are being active about it, some are passive.

The end is balkanization as competing cultures tend to draw lines on maps rather than merge.

The saddest part of this was we had a system in place for a very long time that blended diverse cultures into the American one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.