27 August 2014

The Way .38 Super Should Be

Because .38 Super was introduced in 1929, the guns were always 1911A1 pattern.  Scalloped frame, arched mainspring housing and short trigger.

My gun has the scallops, but it's presently stylish to put the long trigger and flat mainspring housings on them.  Which makes the gun feel wrong in my hand.

So I fixed it!  I had it in my head that this was going to be hard.  Not even a little bit difficult, even lining up the series 80 linkage was a non-event.

At last, my hand is complete!

As she left the Colt factory.
Obviously, I've corrected the "problem" by changing some parts around.

I'm kind of bemused at myself here.  Purist enough to want it fully in an A1 configuration; but leaving the better, taller sights and not having any sort of kittens about the plastic polymer mainspring housings.  Even the series 80 part doesn't bother me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.